Friday, January 27, 2012

David Beckham - Pie, Mash and liquor - sex on a plate

Pic from the 3am section of The Mirror found its way to me recently,  showing our David really is his own man.  Once more turning his back on that dreadful muck (nouvelle cuisine) and high end restaurants, ducking out in disguise to feast on Pie, mash and liquour.  I had heard he was a big fan and the pics have really fired up the wife and Thai staff, all of whom are absolutely football mad. I got the signs out ready in case they ever holiday up the jungle in Khao Lak!




Not far from Phuket if the lad fancies a meaty diversion from Thai food.

I found a great pie and mash shop in London ( Ham I think) when we used to do the riverboat holidays on the Thames.  It was here I had my first taste of liquor, wasn't sure about it, so tried it again.... and again and became hooked.  First glance I though perhaps is was some Southern form of mushy peas, but no, it is the special parsley sauce with secret ingredients.  Anything to do with eels is obviously not sexy, but there is something about this dish that makes us weak at the knees.

We have started making it now in Khao Lak Thailand and a few friends are chipping in with opinions on seasoning, should we use food colour, malt vinegar etc.  I have done a lot of research into it and am hoping I can replicate this with a few local ingredients and a bit of imagination.

What I also notice is that my pies are a bit on the large side to be putting two on a plate with mash and liquor, but they look so well presented with two on the plate that I am considering making a smaller version of everything.  This would allow customers to have two varieties at the same time, saving the agonising that goes on then it is obvious only one can be consumed in a sitting.

Today I have also been pouring over the statistics on this blog and am amazed just what information is available.  The vast majority of people are coming in through facebook, twitter and larger blogrolls in Thailand.  Some are finding it through google search engine, and goodle helpfully show what the visitor had originally typed in the "Google Search"  box.  Right at the bottom of the list I found these entries.

So I have hits from one guy looking for hot action in thailand and one looking to go fishing in Chonburi.  I assume that any reference to David Beckham will bring hits and combined with the word sex, we should have a few new surprised visitors to our world of pies.

Time will tell.


barm cake
2







and get the quality ever
1
fishing on chonburi
1
pattaya nightlife 2012
1
peter chiang rai
1
quiche pastry
1
thailand hot 2012
1
wigan kebab
1

No comments:

Post a Comment