Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Wigan Kebab, coming to Bangkok.

What a fantastic idea.

When I heard about it I googled  it and was in awe that in parts of Northern England, pies are eaten in bread buns.... a barm cake actually but it's still basically a pie sandwich.  Here is one with chips.... any takers?  I make english muffins and could cobble this together without too much effort me thinks.



The other kebab is actually three pies on a skewer but I think most of the pics of these are mocked up and this avenue is part of an attempt to bring to reality one of our better urban myths.  There are some big guys out here, but to eat three pies on a kebab skewer is, I think a very tall order.

I would love to put it on my Pie Shop menu along with other english delicacies.  It's not really on confusing potential customer so much that they don't come in and order, but I think we should slip that one in and also the Egg Banjo, or more exotic (to the tune of one slice of cured pork) Bacon Banjo so named because you take one bite of it, drip egg yolk down your front and the frantic movement you make to get it off resembles banjo playing!  I'll put em on the menu next month and see how they go.

Thanks once more to youtube.





No comments:

Post a Comment