Monday, January 9, 2012

Stop me and Pie one. With Thanks to Chang.

Nice car, but we bought it at the wrong time.  A few months later we set up the pie shop and realised we needed a pick-up.  Still do come to that, who knows, maybe this year.  

As with most of my ideas, it only took a box of chang, a bottle of Sangsom and a few cokes and the logo came to me in a haze.  We had the "Shires Pies Company" sign done professionally and just tacked the newly invented "Stop me and Pie one" tag on ourselves.  

Stop me and Pie one really worked and I made friends and new customers at traffic lights, car parks and even on the open highway where people would take down the number and ring me.   We are re-working it into the advertising.... such as it is and I hope to see it spreading across Asia this next year or two.  It will be going on T-Shirts and bumber stickers. 



I lent it so some friends last year and they removed it!  It was a bit shabby I suppose, but the main reason was they were continually getting pulled up overby  hungry westerners searching for pies.  Being Jehovas witnesses the car was loaded with "Food for the Soul" rather than Steak and Kidney pies so in was pleasing nobody.  I was also receiving requests for pies from the South of Thailand as they were travelling there and people were getting the phone number and contacting me. 

Bit far to deliver down there and lot of bombs and guns from the look of it on the televsion.  Any takers want to wholesale down there?

We also got lucky with the car as it had a few scratches and dints on it from mounting kerbs, clipping plant pots etc.  First day out with the car then parked outside a famous (nameless) furniture store and the delivery wagon helpfully backed in to it.  This required new bonnet, renders and basically all the plastic bits on the front.

Later that month, during a storm they had the misfortune to meet with the owners of a mini bus by virtue of it crashing into the back of them on a straight road, without them braking or anything.  The upshot of this is that the car is now in much better condition then when they took it.

It might look even smarter with a new Stop me and Pie one sticker.

No comments:

Post a Comment