Friday, January 20, 2012

Peter and the Chiang Rai Penis

Pete's another of my pie buyers that I have just never been able to call a customer.... He is a friend so I can sell him some pies from time to time.  He had a fishing boat and did live-a-board trips to the Andaman Islands which impressed me no end..  Even being a longstanding Divemaster and having an aversion to fishing, I wanted to go on that trip.

750km each way, they were going to need some pies, and some pies they did have.

So, we became friends and each visit we chatted about 10 pin bowling, bowl crafting, trophys and our respective sons... both Tonys.  I never saw so many trophys in one place and they must have out-bowled and out-fished most of Asia, the house was full and perhaps there will be a future photo if I can ever get a camera to work.  Pete also showed me how bowling balls are sculpted, weighted, polished and re-conditioned and he had a whole rig in the porch for carrying out this work.

I also heard tales of ones that had got away! fishing trips and of the days of The Andaman Hooker, a fishing boat I had passed many times when leaving Chalong Pier to go diving.  Pie drops became a reason to meet and chat and I used to enjoy relaxing in the porchway, away from my hot ovens and away from the crazy traffic of Patong that I was hating more and more as the years went on.

A recent facebook post of his caught my eye.  It was Peter surrounded by a gaggle of student journalists interviewing him (so he said) about a penis he had seen in the white palace at Chiang Rai (Wat Rong Khun).  I missed this place last time I was there so it is now at the top of my list for the next trip to the frozen north.




They were apparrantly asking him to show them where it was and he was being coy.  This provoked much schoolboy smut and inuendo (most of it mine, but provoked by his cheeky captions) and I didn't really  believe him until he sent me the following proof of the offending member.  Actually, looking at it, I can see two. any advance on two?



























So, enjoy the link to Thailand Travel Online and happy hunting.

3 comments: