Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The secret lives of pies.

blog search engine
food-drink links

During a recent pie excursion, somebody was telling me that they found a pie in their freezer and the label had fallen off and they didn't know what it was, cooked it up anyway and found it to be a Chicken Curry Pie.  I explained that all pies have different hole configurations and he could have asked me on facebook what it was.

An "outloud  thought"   instantly struck me and I said, "we bakers use pies to convey secret, coded messages" I got a laugh so thought a bit more about this secret of the pies.  I told them we had to be careful what pies we sent as a random selection of pies delivered to another pie maker or retired pie maker could cause all sorts of trouble.  A careless assortment of meat pies could be read as an insult or threat and as for cornish pasties included in a a selection of fruit pies and bread..... well, I blush to think about it and certainly could not commit it to print.

The hole system was completely random, but I have now thought to line them all up, have a real good look and report back.  Perhaps there is some mystic pattern to them.  More when I have my new camera, which looks like being next week.

So... all this  this lead me on to" F**K Flowers, say it with pies" 

Great Logo and proud to unleash this original Valentines marketing ploy on the world.

Anybody want to help me out with a cartoon T-Shirt etc?  I can sell em no problem and have some events lined up.  Not sure Interflora will be impressed with this rephrasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment