Monday, January 16, 2012

Pie Mash Liquor Phuket

blog search engine
food-drink links

Only the second time I have found fresh parsley since November.  We will be making batches all week and are trying to freeze it.  I see in England, they can buy Pie and Liquor frozen!!!  Strange that with different sauce we change our pie choice.

For me, the king of pies is the hot pork pie and this is to be eaten with mushy peas, but start doling out the liquor and the pie has to be mince and onion, gravy and it has to be cornish pasty.  Never thought I would be unfaithful to my growlers (Yorkshire slang for pork pies) but they just do not go with liquor or gravy.

This in mind, I was discussing with a new customer today, the supply of frozen stock.  To my mind, pies must be fresh and hot on the day and everything else is secondary.  For starters, frozen pies are un-sighted and not likely to tempt.  Far better for fresh deliveries every day, pile them on the counter and see what happens.

Sausage rolls always look good and these are again going on display at outlets in Phuket, Khao Lak and the surrounding areas.  Krabi and Phi Phi also have pies available now and we are working on some promotions to get them noticed.

So more focus on the fresh output and as for frozen pies.... let the pie-er beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment